Welcome to the Visa SavingsEdge program from Visa Canada Corporation ("Visa", "we" or "us"). Please read below to learn how we collect, protect and use your data as part of this service.
Information we collect
We collect Personal Information (information which can be used to identify you as an individual) that you provide us when you sign up such as
- Your name
- Contact information (including your email, phone, and mailing address)
- Visa card number
We also review the prior (up to 13 months) and future transaction history of the Visa cards you have enrolled in the Visa SavingsEdge program.
We collect information about your use of the Visa SavingsEdge program such as
- How you use the Visa SavingsEdge services and website
- IP address and information about the device you use to access the Visa SavingsEdge program
The Visa SavingsEdge program may get information about you from other sources such as
- The financial institution that issued your Visa card
- Other Visa services you use if we have the right to do so
We collect or compile non-Personal Information about Visa SavingsEdge users such as enrollment numbers or demographic group information on an aggregated and anonymized basis. We may share any non-Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose.
How we use this information
We primarily use this information to provide the Visa SavingsEdge service to you and to
- Fulfill your requests and complete transactions
- Analyze usage and generally improve the service
- Ensure the security of the service, prevent fraud and enforce our policies
- Help personalize
- Your Visa SavingsEdge experience
- Offers and promotions we may deliver to you as part of the program
- If you agree, to contact you about the Visa SavingsEdge program including new features and services
- Perform other activities with your consent
How we share Personal Information
We will only share your Personal Information as described in this policy. Specifically, we may share your Personal Information
- With companies and vendors that help us to operate our business. We require that they protect your information and only use it for that purpose
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas
- To protect our rights or property, or that of our users
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of the Visa SavingsEdge terms and conditions
- For a proposed or completed business transaction involving the sale of Visa (or all or part of our business)
- With your consent
You may refuse or withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Information at any time with reasonable notice provided that once consent has been given we may still continue to use your Personal Information as described at the end of this section. You can refuse or withdraw consent to optional uses we identify to you. To withdraw your consent for any uses that are not optional you will have to cancel your participation in the Visa SavingsEdge program.
You can opt out of receiving email from the Visa SavingsEdge program by following the unsubscribe link in these emails.
To cancel your participation in the Visa SavingsEdge program, simply sign in to the program website at www.visasavingsedge.ca and click on "Manage Cards." Then, click the "delete" option next to each card you wish to remove from the program. If you delete all cards enrolled in the Visa SavingsEdge program, you will be removed from the program and no longer receive discounts on qualifying purchases at participating merchants.
Even though you have unenrolled, we may use your Personal Information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, assist with any investigations, enforce our policies, analyze and improve the service, and take other actions as permitted by law.
How you can access and edit your Personal Information
You can review and edit your Personal Information at any time by logging in to your Visa SavingsEdge account. To request access to any of your Personal Information not available through your Visa SavingsEdge account, please contact us in writing using our contact details provided below.
How we protect your Personal Information
Visa uses firewalls and Secure Socket Layers to help protect the Personal Information we collect from you when it is being communicated to us. Our policies restrict access to Personal Information to those employees and service providers who need to know the information in order to provide you this service. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations.
Visa is part of a global payment network with affiliates, service providers and agents located in and outside of Canada. As result, personal information may be processed and stored in other countries. While we use contractual and other measures to ensure protection of personal information, governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies in these other countries may be able to obtain disclosure of personal information through the laws of these countries.
How to contact Visa regarding your privacy concerns and questions
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Visa Canada, P.O. Box 124, Toronto, ON, M5H 3Y2 Attention: Global Privacy Office.